Monday, February 8, 2010

My Beautiful Bridesmaids

When it came to selecting bridesmaids for my wedding, I knew I was going to have a large party. In my life, I have been blessed with four sisters (two on each side) and five best friends (three from high school and two from college). And while I briefly thought about somehow widdling it down to a smaller group, I knew it wasn't going to happen. When I walk down that aisle, I knew that I wanted each of those girls standing there to greet me.


The tricky thing with having nine girls though, is trying to figure out what they're going to wear. I could've been that bride and put them in whatever I felt like without a concern for their body shape and budget, but I wanted my brides to be happy to stand up in my wedding—not punished.

Now since the girls really do run the spectrum of body types/sizes, I knew the one-dress-fit-all approach wasn't going to fly. And with that many girls, seeing nine of the same dress seemed a bit redundant. Instead, I opted to let them pick their own dresses.

Since many of my bridesmaids are still in school, have families etc., I knew they weren't going to be donning Vera Wang. Though David's Bridal sometimes gets a bad rap, I was able to select several styles that complemented both my bridesmaids' individual styles and my wedding theme (my favorite style above). And each gown came in under $130! While it's not exactly couture, David's Bridal offers plenty of gorgeous, fashionable dresses in an array of colors. Plus, the fact that it's a national chain made it easy for the girls who aren't in the area.

We just ordered all the dresses yesterday, so they should be coming in by late March to early April. I will post pictures as soon as I have some!

No comments:

Post a Comment